Sydney's People Podcast

Monday, April 03, 2006

Emile: Around the world

You met Emile last week, remember? I really wanted him to tell you about his year travelling overseas. He kindly agreed to do a podcast about it and also sent me several pictures from his travels.

He gave me a link to the project he was involved in: The BYOONA AMAGARA Project in Itambira Island/Lake Bunyonyi, Uganda. You can see photos of their computer class in Basic Keyboarding Skills. Read about how they started and explore the whole site. It is really inspiring.

Listenig
To help you with the listening, check this word document with some of the vocabulary used by Emile: Pre-listening worksheet.

This time I am not going to ask you comprehension questions. I think that you should be the ones asking the questions. You can post them in your blogs, but this time you can record them. So start thinking about what to ask and practise your pronuntiation.
Once you have listened to Emile, write a summary of his talk and tell us what you think about it. Would you like to experience something similar?


Download the MP3 file 2.21 MB, o:o9:41)


There is a coompanion podcast of Emile's slide show to the class.

Music by my brothers'group
Tresena


Photos by Emile Goddard

shy childrenlocal woman

Chrildren at a church serviceview from main shelter3 X Zebras3 X lionstravelling to work3 x buffalo

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Hello!
    This was amazing- we haven't seen Emile since we were at university together. We really want to get back in contact with him!
    Please can you pass this on to him, or let me have a contact email?!
    Thanks
    Lemon x

    By Blogger Lemon, at 3:08 AM  

  • Hi Lemon!

    I have not seen Emile and Melissa since thier wedding in Sydney. I would love to get in contact. If you or anyone reading this have a contact for Emile (he lived in my house for years!) please email me at rghq21@yahoo.co.uk (it will reply that this email is duff, but I will get your email :[)

    Kindest regards

    Mark

    http://www.myspace.com/Mark_with_the_mad_hair

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • Hi Mark adn Lemon,

    I'll try to get a contact email or something for Emile, but we have also lost contact after he moved up north form Sydney. I know he contacted someone a couple of years ago through this podcast. I'll do my best,

    Rosa

    By Blogger rosa ochoa, at 3:27 AM  

  • Hi Rosa,

    Sorry to add to the posts above, but I too lost contact with Emil many years ago and would love to get back in contact. May I add my e-mail address to the ever growing list? I'm on: grimmityboo@hotmail.com or cgrimley@dmu.ac.uk

    Many thanks,

    Carla

    By Blogger andshewas, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home